Allora, Sacramento's premier Modern Italian dining room is looking for a motivated AM PREP COOK to join our team. Applicants must be hard-working, team-focused, and driven to learn. Allora received a MichelinPlate Award in 2019. This unique Sacramento restaurant is seeking motivated, food passionate, self-driven individuals to become part of the team that earns their 1st Michelin Star!
We have a lively, professional & inspired kitchen. We have experienced leadership and offer a challenging work environment where learning is encouraged and the opportunity for advancement is yours for the taking- the sky’s the limit!
This position is vital to getting the team ready for service and will involve, but is not limited to the following duties:
· Completing all tasks, in order, on the prep list from the Executive Chef and/or Chef deCuisine.
· Labeling and stocking all ingredients on easily accessible shelves.
· Washing, chopping and sorting ingredients like fruits, vegetables and meats.
· Parboiling food, reducing sauces and starting first steps in various dishes.
· Adhering to all relevant nutrition and sanitary regulations and standards.
· Keeping track of ingredient inventory and collaborating with other kitchen management staff to order resupply.
· AMPREP COOK Applicants must have a minimum of 1 year experience in a fine dining kitchen.
· Attention to detail and customer service.
· Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
· Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Must have or be able to obtain a food safety handler’s card.
· Cleanliness, organization and the ability to work well in a team situation are crucial to this position.
· Applicants are also required to perform duties necessary for restaurant operations as assigned by acting supervisor, following governmental and company policies.
· Applicants must possess a strong dedication toward learning and motivation to progress in a fine dining environment.
· Must be impeccably groomed, maintain good hygiene, good posture and have required uniform and tools.
· Responsive to constructive feedback from Chefs, Managers or staff.
· Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture of Allora
· Maintains clean and organized workstations that are cohesive with the restaurant's philosophy, culture and standards of excellence.
· Adhere to all COVID protocols that include but are not limited to; mask wearing, social distancing, temperature checks, hand washing and frequent sanitization of hands and restaurant tools.
· Recognize or seek areas for staff and restaurant improvement and offer positive solutions for change.
· Operate within the restaurant on a daily basis with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
· Understand completely all programs, , standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
· Understand philosophy of management and owner. Displays consistent attention to detail and followthrough of all restaurant policies.
The above is not an all-inclusive job description.