Hybrid Kitchen Server / Back Server
We are a modern Italian seafood restaurant located in the heart East Sacramento. Allora is a wine-centric gathering place, celebrating native Italian grapes and Sacramento's bounty by sourcing local ingredients.Apply for this job
The back server’s primary function is to make sure our guest’s basic needs are met. This includes setting tables, water and bread service, running food, and bussing tables. A good back server works in unison with a Captain to ensure the best quality guest experience. The kitchen server’s position is diverse, as it requires equal understanding of back of the house and front of the house operations. Tasks include preparing mignonette and intermezzi, running plates to tables and describing the dish, clearing courses, communicating and assisting Chef, bread service, and general liaison between the kitchen and dining room. The kitchen server also assists the bar when necessary. A good kitchen server works in unison with a Captains and management to ensure the best quality guest experience. Must be pleasant, conscientious, and professional. Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team, communicate clearly, ensure smooth service operations and quality service.
Must be pleasant, conscientious, and professional. Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team, communicate clearly, ensure smooth service operations and quality service.
• Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture of Allora Sacramento
• Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, professional, gracious service at all times
• Maintains clean and organized work stations that are cohesive with the restaurant's philosophy, culture and standards of excellence.
• Adhere to all COVID Safety protocols that include but are not limited to; mask wearing, social distancing, temperature checks, hand washing and frequent sanitization of hands and restaurant tools/stations.
• Recognize or seek areas for staff and restaurant improvement and offer positive solutions for change.
• Operate within the restaurant on a daily basis with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
• Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
• Understand philosophy of management and owner.Displays consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
• Represents the restaurant professionally through effective communication, cooperation and relationships with all of the business partners.
• At least 21 years of age, with at least 3years of upscale dining experience
• Must have excellent communication skills and work ethic.
• These positions require you to stand for up to8-10 hours during a shift, be able to lift at least and/or move up to 25 pounds and have full mobility of hands and arms while performing repetitive tasks.
• Applicants are also required to perform duties necessary for restaurant operations as assigned by acting supervisor, following governmental and company policies.
• Must have, or be able to obtain, a food safety handlers’ card. The above is not an all-inclusive job description.
The above is not an all-inclusive job description.