Allora is looking for a motivated kitchen servers to join our diverse and talented team.
The kitchen server’s position is diverse, as it requires equal understanding of back of the house and front of the house operations. Tasks include preparing mignonette and intermezzi, running plates to tables and describing the dish, clearing courses, communicating and assisting Chef, bread service, and general liaison between the kitchen and dining room. The kitchen server also assists the bar when necessary. A good kitchen server works in unison with a Captains and management to ensure the best quality guest experience. Must be pleasant, conscientious, and professional. Must be able to operate effectively as part of a team, communicate clearly, ensure smooth service operations and quality service.
• Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture of Allora
• Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, professional, gracious service at all times
• Maintains clean and organized workstations that are cohesive with the restaurant's philosophy, culture and standards of excellence.
• Adhere to all COVID protocols that include but are not limited to; mask wearing, social distancing, temperature checks, hand washing and frequent sanitization of hands and restaurant tools.
• Recognize or seek areas for staff and restaurant improvement and offer positive solutions for change.
• Operate within the restaurant on a daily basis with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
• Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
• Understand philosophy of management and owner. Displays consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
• Represents the restaurant professionally through effective communication, cooperation, and relationships with all of the business partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 2-4 years of service experience. Knowledge of service, food and beverage, generally involving at least 4 years of restaurant experience and thorough knowledge of fine dining, service procedures, and functions.
• Cleanliness, organization and the ability to work well in a team situation are crucial to this position.
• General food and wine knowledge.
• Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
• High school or equivalent education required.
• Applicants must possess a strong dedication toward learning and motivation to progress in a fine dining environment.
• Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a modernPOS system, TOAST POS experience a PLUS
• Must be impeccably groomed, maintain good hygiene, good posture and have required uniform and tools.
• Responsive to constructive feedback from Chefs, Managers or staff.
The above is not an all-inclusive job description.