Sommelier / Manager
Allora is a modern Italian seafood restaurant located in the heart East Sacramento. Allora is a wine-centric gathering place, celebrating native Italian grapes and Sacramento's bounty by sourcing local ingredients. We are currently looking for a motivated front of house manager to join our diverse and talented team.Apply for this job
About us: Allora is a modern Italian seafood restaurant located in the heart East Sacramento. Allora is a wine-centric gathering place, celebrating native Italian grapes andSacramento's bounty by sourcing local ingredients.
We are currently looking for a motivated front of house manager to join our diverse and talented team.
Who you are: A talented, enthusiastic and career-minded individual that will bring significant experience and energy to our team that will make us better. You are eager to learn and grow. You will be creating an extraordinary guest experience. You have a great understanding of the importance of steps of service and table maintenance. You are dedicated to your craft and committed to being a student of the industry.
Together: The Allora family is committed to providing our guests an extraordinary experience. Joining our team is a commitment to loving what you do, supporting our guiding principles and our desire to be the best of the best.
Ideal FOH Manager Candidate:
- Experience in fine dining / Michelin star setting a PLUS
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of food handling, safety, and other restaurant guidelines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Sommelier Certification a PLUS
EssentialDuties and Responsibilities:
- Handles all guest concerns and complaints if they arise.
- Maintains a visible presence on the floor and interacts with guests and team members.
- Assists in all aspects of employee relations, including but not limited to hiring, disciplining, developing, coaching, mediating, recognizing, and evaluation team members according to Allora company guidelines and policies.
- Communicates to the team all company promotions and initiatives on a daily basis through shift meetings of any adjustments to menu, and events scheduled. Solicits feedback from the team to continuously drive operational improvements and motivate the team.
- Assists ownership in ordering supplies as needed; communicates equipment and maintenance needs to the ownership and finds solutions to these issues.
- Ensures adherence to all cost control procedures, such as voids, discounts, comps, etc., and ensures all team members understand and follow those procedures.
- Assists in development and/or implementation of all schedules and rotations; adjusts or balances the staffing levels in order to control labor costs without sacrificing guest service.
· Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture of Allora.
· Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, professional, gracious service at all times.
· Adhere to all COVID protocols that are currently in place.
· Recognize or seek areas for staff and restaurant improvement and offer positive solutions for change.
· Operate within the restaurant on a daily basis with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
· Understand completely all programs, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
· Understand philosophy of ownership. Displays consistent attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
· Represents the restaurant professionally through effective communication, cooperation and relationships with all of the business partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be available evenings and weekends to close the restaurant. Typical schedule; Thursday-Monday withTuesday/Wednesday off. (45-50 hours per week).
· 2-4 years of fine dining service experience, management experience preferred.
· Knowledge of fine dining, service procedures and functions.
· Cleanliness, organization and the ability to work well in a team situation are crucial to this position.
· Extensive food and wine knowledge.
· High school or equivalent education required.
· Applicants must possess a strong dedication toward learning and motivation to progress in a fine dining environment.
· Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a modern POS system, TOAST POS experience a PLUS.
· Must be impeccably groomed, maintain good hygiene, good posture and have required uniform and tools.
· Responsive to constructive feedback from Chefs, Owners or staff.
The above is not an all-inclusive job description.